CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Official



O.k., It's official. I'm a blogger!! I'm so excited that I could hardly stand it. I have been wanting to blog for probably about a year now. So today while I had some free time...not really free time, but time. I decided why not, and here I am. Now where to start? I'll start with the two things that got me into event planning and tea parties in the first place. 1. My niece D'Andrea and
2. Fond memories of the tea room that my mother used to take us to in Hahnes Department Store in downtown Newark, New Jersey in the late 70's.

I remember the tall ceilings, pretty teacups and saucers, fine linen tablecloths, etc. everything was so fancy and I felt like a princess. So I could totally relate to my niece when I asked her at the age of 5 what she wanted to be when she grew up and her reply was, "A Princess". Even though I politely informed her that her status as a Princess would not fetch her a salary, she was unmoved.

I set out to give her the experience I received as a little girl and put on a lavish tea party for her and her two friends. Complete with teacups, boas, treats and even a personal bell, to ring me for service when I stepped out of the room. She loved it! Afterwards, the girls got their makeup done and donned pretty costume jewelry for their fashion runway show. They have had many more tea parties after that and love them every time. They even help with set up now.

Prior to tea parties, I was always over the top when people would ask me to host baby showers and birthday parties. They loved that every theme was totally different and I came up with the most inventive baby shower games. Soon word of mouth made me the most sought after party host in my area and the rest is Throneroom Events.

No comments: