CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

What's a vignette?

Vi-gnette-noun, verb

1. a decorative design or small illustration used on the title page of a book or at the beginning or end of a chapter.
2. an engraving, drawing, photograph, or the like that is shaded off gradually at the edges so as to leave no definite line at the border.
3. a decorative design representing branches, leaves, grapes, or the like, as in a manuscript.
4. any small, pleasing picture or view

If you're like me and are a huge fan of HGTV, no doubt you've come across the word vignette. I hear the term countless times and just thought that I would follow up on it just to make sure I knew exactly what the designers were talking about. Well, I didn't hit the nail on the head exactly, but I was in the vicinity of what they were speaking about. Anyhoo I thought that I would showcase a few decorating vignettes that I like and you can do around the house. Super simple but makes a great impact on your living space. Start with a small space or corner of your home and style away.


This is a half bath. Notice how the flowers in the picture match the ones in the vase?


This is a guest bathroom. Instead of hanging towels on a rack, utilize an unused vase.


But, if you must use the towel rack use it with style.


I absolutely love this for the kitchen. Cookbooks and fruit nestled in a basket on the counter. I usually don't like unnecessary items on a counter because it tends to clutter it. For some reason, I don't get that with this vignette. I think it's the basket that keeps the items neat.



Can vignettes be done with pillows? I think so.



FYI, in some of the pics, you can see us in the background. I never claimed to be a professional photographer. Lol...have fun!!

No comments: