CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Diaper Baby

Any one who follows my blog or Twitter, knows that lately I seem to have a fascination with diaper cake's . I think it's because everyone around me is having babies, and I just love the creativity of doing baby showers. So instead of another diaper cake, I thought I'd share a picture of a diaper baby that I did a while ago.
It was very easy to make., inexpensive, and a big hit at the shower. The key to holding eveything together was the sleeper that the baby was in. Basically you just fill the sleeper with the diapers. Rolling 2 for the arms and 2 for the legs and filling the middle with flat diapers. The head was made with the diapers rolled on top of each other until it reached the approximate circumference of a baby's head and then a large rubberband was wrapped around it so the diapers stayed in place. A baby hat was then placed on it as added support. I also used a pacifier placed in between the diapers as if it was in the baby's mouth. I then wrapped the baby in a recieving blanket, placed it in a basket and put a framed letter beside the basket thanking the partygoers for the baby gifts. They really got a big kick out of it.
I searched online and found some diaper babies for $40.00 plus $10 shipping. You can make one for half of the price and it's a great gift or centerpiece.

No comments: